Beer Kegs or Bottles/Cans? (Pros & Cons)
HAPPY NATIONAL BEER DAY!
Whatever that means...
But while we're on the subject let's talk about beer at your event and whether you should rent a keg or buy cases. Whether you lean one way or another, here are some of the pros and cons from the bartender perspective...
+ beer has a frothy mouth feel
+ usually tastes better
+ looks better
- slower service (even with CO2)
- more likely to waste beer
- costs more
- need cups
- need CO2 hook up (pumping is way too slow)
+ more options to choose from
+ easily available in every store
+ more cost effective
+ easier to transport
+ faster to serve
- creates more clutter
- can break - beer digging through ice can suck when it gets cold outside
OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER
• you're going to need tubs / coolers to chill everything in
• you need plenty of ice, roughly 15lbs for every 24 pack and/or 5 gallon keg of beer or 40lbs for each of the larger 15 gallon kegs
• be careful with the floors; place a floor mat or avoid placing where water can cause damage
• hire a bartender that takes care of all this!
So now that you understand the pros and cons, what are your thoughts?
Do you value cost, convenience or aesthetic more?
If you're still not sure which one you should choose feel free to message us on Instagram here.
Copywright © LA SPEAKEASY