WILD CHERRY BARK
Wild Cherry Bark
PAIRS WELL WITH:
mint, rosemary, basil, anything leafy and herbaceous.
Using tinctures can give you more accuracy and more room to experiment.
1. Start with a clean glass jar.
2. Fill with high-proof spirit.
3. Immerse GENTIAN ROOT using a ratio of 5 to 1
(spirit to agent).
4. Shake it daily to maximize aroma and flavor.
5. When ready, strain out using a mesh strainer or coffee filter.
CHERRY VANILLA BITTERS
2.5 ounces cucumber tincture
0.5 ounce gentian root tincture
0.5 ounce mint tincture
0.5 ounce lime tincture
2 ounces water
1. In a clear bowl, combine all tinctures and mix thoroughly.
2. Add water and transfer to dark glass bottle.
Infusion time: 27 days
Infusion time: 10 days
Infusion time: 15 days
TIP: spirit-to-agent ratio is
2-1 for fresh ingredients &
5-1 for dried ingredients.
2 ounces bourbon
0.25 ounce simple syrup
3 dashes cucumber bitters
3 dashes angostura bitters
1 mint bouquet for garnish
1. In a julep tin, combine the bourbon, simple syrup, cucumber and angostura bitters.
2. Fill the tin halfway with crushed ice and stir with a bar spoon for about 10 seconds. Add more crushed ice to fill the tin almost to the top and stir for about 10 seconds or until the tin is completely frosted.
3. Add more ice to form a cone above the rim and garnish with the mint bouquet.